Overiew for Incoloy 825:
Incoloy 825 is an all-austenitic nickel-ferric chromium alloy that is ti-stabilized, with copper and molybdenum added.Incoloy 825 is a universal engineering alloy that is resistant to acid and alkali corrosion in both oxidizing and reducing environments.The high nickel content makes the alloy have effective resistance to stress corrosion cracking.[SCALE STEEL]Corrosion resistance is good in a variety of media, such as sulfuric acid, phosphoric acid, nitric acid and organic acids, and alkali metals such as sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid solutions.The Incoloy 825 has high overall performance in nuclear combustion solutes with a variety of corrosive media, such as sulfuric acid, nitric acid, and sodium hydroxide, all handled in the same facility.
Incoloy 825 close brand 0CR21NI42Mo3Cu2TI
NS142(China), NC21FeDu (France), W.N.2.4858 NiCr21Mo [SCALE STEEL](Germany) NA16 (UK) Incoloy 825, UNS N08825 (US) NiFe30Cr21Mo3 (ISO)
Incoloy 825’s Chemical Composition
Ni Ni: 38-46
Chromium Cr: 19.5 to 23.5
Iron Fe: Margin
Carbon C: 0.025 or less
Manganese Mn: 1.0 or less
Si Si: 0.5 or less
Mo Mo: 2.5 to 3.5
Copper Cu: 1.5 to 3.0
Cobalt Co: 1.0 or less
Aluminum Al: 0.2 or less
Ti Ti: 0.6 to 1.2
Characteristics of Incoloy 825 - Incoloy 825 Alloy
● Good resistance to stress corrosion cracking
● Good corrosion resistance to spot and crevice corrosion
● Excellent antioxidant and non-oxidative thermal acid energy
● Excellent mechanical properties at room temperature and temperatures up to 550℃
● It is certified to manufacture pressure vessels up to 450℃
Incoly 825 is widely used in industries where [SCALE STEEL]the operating temperature does not exceed 550℃.
● Sulfuric acid pickling plant heating tube, container, basket and chain, etc.
● Seawater cooling heat exchanger, Marine product piping system, acid gas environment piping.
● Heat exchanger, evaporator, washing and impregnating tube in phosphoric acid production.
● Air heat exchangers in petroleum refining
● Food Engineering
● Chemical process
● Flame retardant alloy for pressure oxygen application
It is suitable for tungsten inert gas welding, [SCALE STEEL]plasma arc welding, manual subarc welding, metal inert gas welding and fusion inert gas welding, with pulse arc welding being the first choice, using any traditional welding process.When manual arc welding is used, it is recommended to use (Ar+He+H2+CO2) multi-component shielding gas.
Incoloy 825 welds must be annealed and cleaned of stains, dust, and marks using a stainless steel wire brush.In order to obtain the best quality of the root weld, care must be taken (argon 99.99) so that no oxide is produced after the root weld is[SCALE STEEL] completed.The color produced by the welding heat affected zone should be brushed away with the stainless steel brush when the welding zone is not cooled.
For gas shielded welding processes, the following filler metals are recommended
Metal welding rod: Nicrofer S 6020-FM625 Material [SCALE STEEL]No. 2.4831 SG-NICR21MO9NB AWS A5.14: ErnicRRMo-3 fluid-coated welding rod Material No. 2.4621 EL-Nicr20MO9NB AWS A5.11: EnICRRMo-3